Portfolio Manager is a Java application I am using to manage my portfolio of stocks and other bonds.
When I needed something to manage my portfolio a few years back, I wanted some special features that I could not
find in any existing application. So I wrote my own.
Not under active development. The application is good enough for me...
- Manage different shares at different brokers.
- Calculate the current (potential and realized) worth of the portfolio.
- Group bonds into categories, define a target distribution among the categories and calculate the optimal
number of shares to buy with a given amount of money to reach this distribution.
- Simulate the effects when selling shares following the FIFO (First in-First out) principle. This was mainly
implemented when the German taxation was changed a few years back.
- Since I wrote this application only for my own use, some aspects, especially the UI, are not as intuitive as
I would like them to be.
- Fetching current stock quotes uses a hardcoded, defunc servide.